With a background working as a climate change economist at Department for Energy and Climate Change I bring strong expertise in this sector. Various consultancies include:
- Defra Blue Forests evaluation plan in Madagascar
- Inception phase of low carbon sector as part of the International Climate Fund Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning team (MEL) using realist theory based evaluation approaches
- Designing and evaluating programmes on off grid energy solutions
- Leading the M&E on a climate resilient infrastructure programme
- Design and appraisal of a water management and conservation agriculture in Southern Africa; evaluation and design of a regional water cooperation and governance programme in South Asia (DFID, World Bank).
My role in DECC involved advising on the role of the private sector in global carbon finance, in terms of instrument design for carbon crediting, REDD, CDM projects, expertise on EU ETS and detailed carbon valuation techniques. I also advised extensively on the UK Climate Change Agreements and the UK Carbon Reduction Commitment.